These days we are connected to the internet 24/7. We use our phones to give us directions, find us a place to eat, find the best place to find the must-haves on our shopping list, and make important decisions about everything we do during our day. All of this is primarily made possible by company websites and social media. Every small business must have a website to survive.
If your small business still hasn’t invested in a quality website, you are only hurting your own success. So why should every small business have a website? The following are five key reasons.
- If you don’t have a website, you are invisible to a large majority of potential customers. People use the internet how they used to use phone books. If you aren’t online, people aren’t going to find your business. Your competitors have websites, so every small business must have a website to keep up.
- Word of mouth now happens online.Reviews, ratings, and even recommendations are done on social media. If your customers love you, they are going to say so online. Unless you have a website where your biggest fans can link their friends, family, and followers, it’s going to be difficult to capitalize on any good word of mouth you’re getting.
- Your business will seem less professional— or, at best, hopelessly out-of-date. First impressions matter, and for many people, this first impression now happens after a quick internet search. If a customer can’t find your website, your business will immediately lose credibility. Even someone who is intrigued by a glance at a storefront may be inclined to keep walking if they can’t find you online. A small business must have a website because that is what your customers expect.
- A small-business website allows you to control the message surrounding your small business. Want to brand your small business in a specific way? The best way to control your brand and the narrative is to control the personality and message sent out through your own website. You may not be able to control everything people say about your company online, but your website influences your perception online. If your brand matters to you, a small-business website is the best way to project your intended image.
- Not having a website means losing business. Simply put, you are losing money and customers without a website. The best answer to “Why should every small business have a website?” is simply that it is the best way to expand. Without your own website, you will never reach as many customers or drum up as much business as you could with one. With so many inexpensive and simple-to-use ways to create a professional website, you simply have no excuse not to have a presence online.
Window shopping isn’t what it used to be. If you are expecting to get all your customers by foot traffic, your small business it likely to struggle. Your small business simply must have a website to succeed. Stop dragging your feet and set up a website for your small business today. If you’re still not sure how to get started building your online presence, come talk to us at Provaro Marketing. We specialize in online marketing for small businesses, so we will be able to guide you on the strategies that will have the biggest impact – starting with creating your own small-business website.